Friday, March 16, 2007

Susie's service - funny thought

On Tuesday Andy and I went by the funeral home - he had to pay the bill. The guy who helped out at the memorial service was there. He made a comment to us about what a nice service it was and that it was real personal.

I'm out running this a.m. and I strart thinking about that comment. Here's a nice Alabama boy (he's maybe 30) who probably sits through 40+ services a year. He's heard Amazing Grace and the 23rd Psalm a hundred times. He's spacing out in the back of the church, when suddenly he hears the words "sex incarnate" - Provie is reading the Jesus poem! LOLOL! I'll bet he perked right up and started listening. And I'll betcha he told a lot of people about the crazy/awesome poem that was read at this lady's service on Saturday.

And Susie would so LOVE that. She LOVED rattling the southerners!

I'm missing you Babasues.

xoxoxo - Amy

No comments: