Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Last letter to us all

I found this letter on her desk this week. It's funny, sad, and full of love. I know she wanted to respond to everyone who wrote her. The (??) in places is where I could not read her writing.

Hello my friends and family -
I love and respect you all a great deal and I apologize for this and its lack of intimacy. I've receive many many heartfelt notes and emails that I want to answer but it has become impossible to take them on one at a time. Here is the news...
Fusions in my liver have fired up, apparently pissed off and bored with the power of chemo. A few dots have flown up to my lungs. Congestive heart failure has settled in and my low breating rate has wiped out the possibility of a new cancer drug.
And to top it off osteo necrosis (death) of the jaw causing me to lose teth at the bse of the root and bone fragments above the jaw line. (Kudos to Fosamax.)
I may be able to climb up and over this mess. I am trying to learn to live in the mystery.
On the porch my pup of a mini poodle and I have napped, looked at birds, I've counted Kudzu leaves. Tempus fugits! (??) Tampus flarc! (??) Jacques eats chairs, Mandy feeds Leo and Daid revisits (?) my carbon copy lung scan. Email is difficult to read. Telephone calls unable to breath. Please send me a card or a letter. In awhile you will hear if I croak or feel better.

Susan

No comments: