Sunday, March 18, 2007

My Very Special Aunt

Lexie wrote this in December of 2006. She was given an assignment to write about her favorite relative. She is 9 years and in the 4th grade.

My Very Special Aunt
By Lexie Hubbard

My Aunt Susie is wonderful. She lives in Alabama. Susie collects nun figurines. She also has a poetry award named after her! The bad thing is she was diagnosed with cancer in her liver. I hope she will be get better!
Aunt Susie wears rectangular glasses. She also wears a blonde wig because she lost it (her hair) when she was diagnosed for the second time. Susie is about my height.
She always says pleasant things. I think “I love you” are her favorite words. She jokes around and says, Lexie, Lexie, Lexie, Bo, Bexie, Bexie, Bexie. It always makes me laugh!
Susie loves to write long poetry and four-lined poetry. She is fighting cancer for the third time. Still, she’s living life to the fullest.
Aunt Susie is very funny and so nice. She is a magnificent person because no what mood she’s in, she’s still great. I want to be just like her (except for the cancer part).

4 comments:

Tamara Gantt said...

All of these posts are beautiful and perfect. I loved Susan very much and miss her. I didn't get to come to the service because my mother was dying, and also because I live in SC now. I will write more later, but I just wanted you to know how much I appreciate these posts, the poems, etc.

Unknown said...

I was browsing old JSU papers and I came across some writings from the moment I first felt true love...
Writing. I knew that I liked it and wanted to do it, but Mrs. Methvin was the one to show me what I was really capable of creating. She was the one who taught us to never be afraid to write what you really feel.

Lori Parker Berryman said...

She taught me to be concrete not abstact. I have only found out about her death. I am in despair.

Unknown said...

Did Susan Hall Herport go to University of Tenn. at Chattanooga in the early 80s? If so I was in any number of poetry classes with her. I'm sorry to see that she died. But I see that she stuck with poetry, and was apparently very successful and well published. A well published life.
Sincerely,
David Breitkopf